Circle the one that applies more to you, and add up how many alpha points and how many beta points you scored to see which camp you fall into.
1. Alphas are more persistent and assertive, beta's are more easy going.
2. Alphas fight for what they want or think, betas often make peace.
3. Alphas tend to be outgoing, betas can be more shy or introverted.
4. Alphas tend to take more risks, betas take practical paths.
5. Alphas tend to have more power or more money or resources (according to the fact that alpha was a term used to designate the highest ranking within an animal group, which would enjoy access to the best meat and receive grooming from the group, or access to the most females), betas may have more developed other, more supportive, skill sets, and may have developed more empathy from being in a place of less privilege.
6. Alphas tend to be in leadership positions in their job or in their community, betas tend to bring support to any group with actions and suggestions and can be team players, or can be solo and run their own thing, like writing a book. Both alphas and betas are needed to help groups run.
7. Alphas tend to be confident in what they say (even when it's to their detriment), beta males can have healthy constructive critical thinking towards their own ideas and others.
8. It also appears from my research on these terms that alphas tend to be more physical and in their body, and betas tend to be more in their minds. However, generally people working on becoming their best self consider it important to work on both mind and body. So both can master both.
9. Some sources say alphas help people make peace with each other by leading social interactions in a positive direction, and alternately betas sometimes may help revolutions start by stirring things up. In the animal kingdom, a beta may challenge and replace the leader, the alpha.
Usually alphas are praised as the way to be. However, a society full of only rulers would be a horrible place to be. We need the poets, the farmers and the school teachers. There are many women out there who prefer a more easy going, laid back man who's home more, to a man who needs to run the neighborhood watch, his company, and coach his kid's football team and is never home. It's even been argued that alpha females, who would have these same characteristics as listed above, would prefer a beta male, as he would be more easy-going and supportive rather than dominating. However, it is still important to challenge yourself to grow in ways that help you get what you want. Take skill sets from the alpha or beta sides that help you have a better life. For example, if beta, you can try taking risks more, facing your anxieties more, or if alpha, you can try being more easy going and letting others lead.